Launch into a new universe of gravity warping worlds in the sequel to one of the greatest games of all time! Yoshi joins Mario as they traverse a wild variety of galaxies exploding with imagination, helping out our hero as he gulps enemies, runs at super speed, or inflates like a blimp to reach high cliff tops. Whether Mario’s leaping into orbit around tiny micro-planets, tumbling through rooms with constantly flip-flopping gravity, or drilling through craggy worlds to emerge on the other side, he’ll need new abilities and serious jumping skills to survive the all-new challenges ahead!
- Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges
- Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place.
- On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi.
- New power-ups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet's surface all the way to the other side of a planet
- Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario's history
- Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms
- When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls.
- When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights